Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh I forgot what School Mode felt like...






Pictures A & B: My classroom after 3 full days of setting up. With Stewart's dedicated help. Yes I know it doesn't look like much but let me tell you I was almost going crazy putting those shelves into the frames and aligning all those metal thimmajiggies so the shelves wouldn't slant.

Picture C: 2 of 8 containers of nomenclature cards ready to go after being cut, laminated and organized by one of my wonderful parents. Now I get to organize and shelve them in a way the children can get their heads around. This means I have to think folks.

Picture D: Our little Godson taking a nap

School has started, and I am still in Europe mode. Not quite ready to relinquish long days of exercise and excitement. Now I have a different kind of excitement. I'm very happy to be back but I am determined not to relinquish my state of relaxation.

I am riding my bike to work 3 days a week. Up and down and up and down real hills has been good for my overall fitness and has really worked the breathability qualities of my gortex jacket. I love gortex. On the first day of school it rained to hard my glasses were fogging up and I had difficulty seeing. So after that anything will be ok. I walked into the office dripping wet and signed in. I felt very good about being dripping wet on Day 1 because it means I will prioritise my health and well-being. Good Amanda. Good Bike. Goal: Ride until it's icy. Next goal: cross-country skiing. Next goal: Spring bike riding. Next goal: Parachuting. Just kidding. You couldn't pay me to parachute.
Love Amanda

1 comment:

Niles the Camel said...

Amanda, you are going cross country skiing again? That sounds so nice. Remember when I took lessons with you in the Jack Rabbit ski program and I was such a brat that I lay down in the snow and refused to get up? How did you put up with me? You and your poor family!