Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back Home in Vancouver!



This is a picture of me beeing goofy but it represents how happy I am to be back in my own house with my own bed and have a shower that is used by a maximum of two people per day. The novelty factor at the moment seems astounding.

Hello everyone. We are back so the random letters and mixed up alphabet will no longer be an issue. Though I'm sure you had to really think when you were reading things I wrote in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We arrived back after a rather uneventful and boring flight, and have started back into regular sleeping patterns. And laundry. We even used hot hot water to fry out any random organisms picked up from camping & sitting on any available concrete surface for lunches/dinners. And regular work patterns also. Stewart and I have spent the past two days setting up the classroom, and for about 20 hours of work all we have to show for it is a few tables sitting at the right height (they were new and had to be adjusted)and barren shelving with the shelves added. I am determined to not let teaching take over EVERY aspect of my life and to be a healthier person throughout the year. So I will be riding my bike to school as often as possible to keep the fitness at a prime (woe is me -- almost 30 means strange things are happening to my body -- no more can I eat what I want with no exercise and see no consequences). Well, thanks for reading my random rambles and adieu for now!
Amanda :)

1 comment:

Jen and Glenn said...

Hey,
Glad to hear you guys made it home safe and sound, i know we cant wait to have our own bed back again to in about 8mths now. Well i know you will be busy getting back in to routine but for sure keep in touch.
Love Jen and Glenn