Friday, October 24, 2008

Holes in the Wall

Update on the Bathtub situation: As of today, the powers that be are tinkering with my sense of humour and I must admit I'm feeling rather stretched but anyhow. I now have three lovely, asymmetrical holes in my bathroom wall. One below the toilet, one above the toilet, and one on the roof of the bathtub. It is now lovingly covered with a carefully chosen opaque-chic plastic, sided by silverfish-silve duct-tape. The framing was done by my husband and we are now allowed to have showers, but when we leave I follow these steps (I love to have three steps... for the OCD in me)as the work done by the plumbers is not a guarantee but a first step in fixing the water fountain pump we have in our tub
1. Stuff a ziplock bag partially down the drain
2. Jam plug into drain
3. Place one of Stew's 15 pound weights over the plug with the hopes that the water pressure won't be that strong.

It gets funnier but more embarassing, so I'll leave the last bit to the story for now!
Amanda

No comments: